Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Vegan Must-See TV


Is it just me or are there a ton of vegan TV shows popping up these days?  For the past month, I have seen more than just a few promos and plugs for a variety of vegan media.  I use to love my cooking shows on Food Network.  Before kids (9 years ago), I used to relish in my time watching Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals, Home with Giada, and Barefoot Contessa.  During 30 Minute Meals, I use to sit and take notes for recipes I was going to make the next week.  Once I had kids, these TV sessions became few and far between.  Then, I became vegan and none of the recipes on those shows appealed to me anymore.

Naturally, I was thrilled to learn about 3 TV shows that feature vegan recipes.  With all this vegan TV, I can form a cooking show habit again!

Vegan Mashup - I love Delicious TV's cooking show with Terry Hope Romero (author of half the vegan cookbooks on my shelf), Toni Fiore and Miyoka Schinner.  The recipes looked so good...I can see myself back at the couch with my notebook again.  Terry's Avocado Ceviche is definitely making my next Latin night.  I highly recommend viewing this show.  I found it on Verizon Fios and recorded the series!


What Would Julieanna Do? - This show debuted last month, featuring The Plant-Based Dietician, Julieanna Heaver.  The series plans to explore nutrition, cooking, fitness, fashion, beauty, parenting, health and more, including appearances by world-renowned guests such as PCRM's (Physicians Committee For Responsible Medicine) Dr. Neal Barnard, Joel Fuhrman (author of Eat To Live), and Dr. T Colin Campbell (author of  The China Study).

I watched the first show and liked the theme of "beauty inside and out."  The show was broken into 3 segments, featuring a therapist, chef, and meditation expert.  She shared some great info and I really liked the recipes in the cooking segment.  Julieanna is a bit overly perky (I realize that's the pot calling the kettle black), but I dismissed this as excitement for her first show.  I would definitely give this show a watch to see what you think.

It is available on the Veria Living Network, which is carried by Verizon Fios, the DISH Network and more. 


Live to 100 - Jason Wrobel launched his show on The Cooking Channel last month.  The format of the show and Jason's personality are different and unique.  He is too oddball for me and his recipes use ingredients that I am not as familiar with, showcasing a lot of raw dishes too.  Nice show, but not my thing.   It might be yours, so check it out on The Cooking Channel.  




Crazy Sexy Wellness - I haven't had a chance to hear this radio show featuring my wellness herione, Kris Carr on Louise Hay Radio but it is on my to-do list.  It airs live Tuesdays at 8AM.  She has had some great guest speakers recently, including Sophie Uliano, author of Gorgeously Green and Nick Ortner of The Tapping Solution.





Are there any other vegan TV, radio, or other media out there that I should try?  Please let me know in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment