Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Friday, March 29, 2013

Love Yourself Now!




I admit it.  I am my worst critic.  I worry, okay obsess, way too much about the last ten pounds I have wanted to lose for the last year and a half.  As I have been reading my "Simple Abundance" daybook every morning, there is a lot of encouragement about loving yourself.  In fact, just last week, I made a list of 10 things I love about my body and 10 things I love about my personality in my gratitude journal.  Great exercise, by the way - (I urge you to do it!).

I have begun to realize lately that my obsession with my weight or more specifically my tummy fat, is doing me no favors in getting the body I want!  More importantly, it is putting me in danger of some negative behavior in front of my two young and very impressionable daughters.

So, in the spirit of living the life I want now (hope you read Tuesday's post), I read this article on making peace with one's body and am vowing to do just that.  Who's with me?

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. While I am not even close to bouncing back from having Luke, I know that I do so many things that don't set the best example for Ashley. In my own obsessing, I think I set myself up for failure and then beat myself up over it. I admire you and thing you are amazing. You were an amazing friend growing up and I love the woman you have become! =)

    Love, Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Laura. I am so touched. Thank you, thank you for your super kind words. I am so grateful to have your support and encouragement. Thank you for reading my blog and giving me such great feedback :)

      Delete