Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Where To Eat: Crossroads

I had been eagerly anticipating a visit to Crossroads since it opened last month.  I was giddy with excitement for my date there last week...and it did not disappoint.  It exceeded all expectations I had for vegan fine dining with chef extraordinaire, Tal Ronnen: the restaurant was elegant and chic; the food was beautiful and artfully presented; the menu options were creative; and the food was spectacular.  I cannot wait to go back!  Here's the info.

Info: 8284 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, http://crossroadskitchen.com, (323) 782-9245

Setting: Beautiful, elegant and hip dining room.  I loved the lighting fixtures and loved the people watching at the bar.  The location on Melrose is perfect, drawing a dynamic and fun group of folks.

Service: Impeccable.  It is exactly what you would expect at a fine dining establishment, without the stuffiness.  There is a laid back vibe (the servers' uniforms included an undone bow tie that hung open on their shirt).

Kids menu: I'd hire a babysitter for a night out here.

Prices: Surprisingly affordable.  The drinks were the most expensive things on the menu (but oh so good).  Appetizers were around $5, with salads/small cold plates and small hot plates ranging $6-12.  Entrees were $12-14 and desserts were $4.

What we ordered:  I loved that I indulged here with two appetizers, a salad, entree, and dessert (and three drinks) and didn't not feel overstuffed at all.  I was perfectly satisfied.  This was in large part due to the perfect sized meal portions.


I started with a Sunset and Vine cocktail - loved it!  Isn't it beautiful?

For appetizers, we ordered the "Crab Cakes" and Artichoke "Oysters."  The crab cakes were made with hearts of palm and the oysters were served on artichoke leaves which I thought was super creative to give the "oyster" effect.










I had the Farinatta for my first course.  The crepe was perfection and loved it paired with arugula.  My hubby had the red grapefruit salad, which was light and refreshing.





For dinner, I ordered the Bolognese.  It was such a treat to have fresh pasta and it was so good.  I am still dreaming about the sauce.  I literally wanted to lick my plate (but did not!).  My husband ordered the quinoa, which he really enjoyed and I thought was tasty.


I devoured the chocolate bundt cake for dessert.  It was so cute and tiny.  I loved it!

If you hadn't noticed by the write up, I am smitten with Crossroads.  I need no excuse to go back and will most likely be visiting again soon!  Please give it a try and let me know what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment