Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Friday, May 24, 2013

Where To Eat: Off Vine



For Mother's Day earlier this month, my family went to see Rain at the Pantages Theater.  My husband booked us reservations at this lovely restaurant, Off Vine, before the show.  The setting was charming and the service was impeccable.  I was impressed that they had a small vegan menu for me to choose from.  It was perfect.  I will definitely be visiting again the next time we have show tickets.  Kudos to my hubby for finding this gem!

Here are the details.

Info: 6263 Leland Way, Hollywood; http://offvine.com; (323) 962-1900

Setting: The restaurant is situated in a turn-of-the-century Craftsman-style bungalow.  It is charming.

Service: The staff was flawless.  They thought of everything and were attentive and respectful.  It didn't hurt that all the waiters looked like actors too!

Kids menu: No, but we were able to order pasta three different ways for each of my kids.  They have a pesto served with bread on the table that one of my daughters used to top her pasta.  My son had a butter sauce, and my other daughter had hers served with marinara.  They cleaned their bowls!

Prices: $7-11 for Starters and $13-27 for Main Courses.  

What I ordered: I had three options - Stuffed Bell Pepper (quinoa, mushrooms, asparagus, apples, mandarin oranges, topped with a truffle oil and orange dressing); Beluga Lentils (with grilled zucchini, tomato, eggplant and a roasted bell pepper coulis); and Pistachio Encrusted Vegan Chicken (with a mango sauce and served with vegetables and dairy free mashed potatoes).  I chose the Vegan Chicken and loved it.  There were also several salads that I would love to try.

I wish I hadn't been so stuffed from Mother's Day lunch earlier that day and we weren't so rushed to get to the theater.  I would have eaten and enjoyed the setting of this beautiful restaurant a lot longer.  It gives me an excuse to visit again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment