Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Where To Eat: Red O


Red O is Rick Bayless' gourmet Mexican restaurant in Hollywood.  Although it is not a vegan restaurant, it has lots to offer a veeg gal like me.  I am not sure if it is the guacamole and mouth-watering chipotle salsa...or it may be the La Dama margarita...or the churros I just discovered are vegan (without the chocolate dipping sauce)...I really dig this place.  The Improv is right across the street so it makes for a night out.

Here are the details:

Info:  8155 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles 90046; http://redorestaurant.com; (323) 655-5009

Setting: The restaurant is stunning.  The furniture is grandiose and hip.  Make sure you ask to sit in the main dining room and not the patio (better ambience and people watching!).  The bar is so cool and I love the tequila tunnel in the middle of the restaurant. 

Service: The servers and hosts are attentive and knowledgeable.  I always appreciate the extra effort they make to ensure that my meal is vegan.

Kids menu: Nope.  This is a grown up place!

Prices: $10-20 for Soups and Salads and $20-30 for Entrees (Enchiladas, Tacos, Cazuelas and more.)  

What I ordered: The menu is vast and diverse.  For veegs though, there are only a couple of options.  I order the Spinach, Woodland Mushrooms and Roasted Garlic Cazuelas every time.  They cook it in vegetable broth (you need to specify this) and I ask for no cheese.  If I am being good, this can easily keep as lunch the next day (but, most times, I gobble up the whole thing!).


No comments:

Post a Comment