Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Is Your Vision A Reality?



I read The Secret about five or so years ago.  It was a life changing book for me that shifted the way I thought about the power of my thoughts to manifest realities.  After reading it, I went about immediately creating a vision board (two to be exact) that I hung in my office (and still hang there today).  The concept of a vision board is simple: surround yourself with images and words of things that describe what you want out of life.

After reading The Secret, I realized that I had been doing this my whole life without even realizing it.  My vision boards were in my head.  Since I was a little girl, I daydreamed of the man I would marry someday, the qualities he would have, and the type of person he would be.  It came as no surprise to me when I found him my first year in college - exactly as how I imagined him.  I have solved issues in my life by posting things on my vision board and repeatedly looking at them and focusing on what I want.  The idea is that by turning your attention to the same thing over and over again, you are drawing your attention to that same thing and inviting the Universe to guide you in that direction.  You will sub-consciously make decisions and be attracted to opportunities that are all in alignment with your vision.

Skeptical?  I invite you to try it.

Here's what you need:


  • A poster board, display board, piece of canvas, or some other type of base material that you can hang or post somewhere
  • Paints, crayons, or markers
  • Magazines and/or photographs
  • Stickers and other embellishments to decorate your board as you like 

Here's what you do:

  • Look through your photos and magazines and find words and images that represent what you want in life.  This could be your dream vacation or house, your ideal job or soul mate, or anything else that you desire.
  • Cut out these images and words and start pasting them to your board in collage fashion.  Have fun.  Think kindergarten where you could create anything you wanted and your parents and teacher told you it was beautiful.  There is no wrong way to create a vision board.  Let your creativity and imagination guide you.
  • Add paint, crayons, markers and other decorations as you want.
Once you have completed your board, display it in a place you will see every day, multiple times a day is ideal.  Make a point to look at the board often and fixate on what you put on it.  Really focus and think about what you want.  Then, watch what starts to happen in your life to draw you closer to those things until you finally attain them.

The process is easy, but I guarantee you, the result is empowering.  You have the ability to manifest your desires.  Make it happen.  Turn your visions into realities today.  It is one of the key components in my good life

No comments:

Post a Comment