Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Where To Eat: Petros

I am a huge fan of Greek food.  I could eat it almost every day.  It is one of my top picks for dining out when given the choice, and luckily for me, I have several options close to home.  Petros, located in Manhattan Beach's Metlox Center, is one of my favorites.  Although it is not a primarily vegan restaurant, they have a few vegan things on the menu that I keep coming back for more.  Here are the details:


Info: 451 Manhattan Beach Boulevard, Manhattan Beach; (310) 545-4100; http://petrosrestaurant.com

Setting: Elegant, yet casual.  I love the outdoor patio.

Service: Attentive and friendly.

Kids menu: Not specifically, but it is kid friendly.

Prices: Appetizers: $9-16; Salads: $10-14; Entrees: $13-21; Desserts: $8-10

What I order: I get the Super Salad without cheese every time.  It combines tomatoes, cucumber, olives, avocado, and capers with chopped romaine lettuce, carrots, radishes and red onions.  It is dressed with a homemade red wine vinaigrette.  I am also a huge fan of their vegetable bean soup.  During my last visit, I ordered the Horiatiki flatbread pizza (tomatoes, olives, avocado, red onion, and capers) without the cheese and it was delicious.  Beware though, it is huge and it doesn't really keep for leftovers with the fresh avocado topping.  I also like to order the dips appetizer with a few modifications to get only the vegan spreads (just let the server know and they will accommodate you.)


The Super Salad at Petros Manhattan Beach
The Super Salad

The Horiataki Flatbread Pizza at Petros Manhattan Beach
The Horiataki Flatbread Pizza


I hope you will give Petros a visit and if you do, let me know what you think in the comments section below.


No comments:

Post a Comment