Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Planning For Your Holiday Cards

VeegMama's 2012 Holiday Card

I start planning for my holiday cards in October.  It takes that long to get the cards signed, sealed and delivered...

1.  Coordinate family wardrobe.
2. Book photography session. (See below for info on my family photographer.)
3. Review photos and design card. (There are a lot of great sites out there, but I love Minted)
4. Order cards.  Print labels and buy postage.
5. Sign, stuff and mail.  Call me old fashioned, but I still like to write a handwritten message on each card.

I like to book my session in early October so that it's done and out of the way by November, when I am swamped with gift buying and menu planning.  Planning the family's wardrobe for these sessions is always lots of fun for me.  I like to mix the colors up every year and add a little bit of whimsy, if I can.  

My family photographer, Laura Joyce, with Goofyfoot Photography, shared this great post about how to coordinate outfits for a family session.  I just love what this mom coordinated for her family.  Click here to read more.  

If you want to learn more about Laura, click here to read last week's interview with her.  If you still need to book your family photo session for the holidays and are in the LA area, see below for the flyer to Laura's fall special on November 2nd.  

VeegMama's advice for planning your holiday cards

No comments:

Post a Comment