Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Monday, November 4, 2013

Holiday Gift Shopping Planner

VeegMama's planner for buying holiday gifts


The first day of Hanukkah falls on Thanksgiving this year, so I am already halfway through my holiday shopping!  When it comes to gift giving, I like to keep it organized and track my spending so I stay on budget and never forget a gift.  I use an Excel spreadsheet, and keep it open on my computer as I do my shopping (I buy almost all my gifts online), and insert the info as I shop!  When shopping at a physical retailer, I input the info later.   With my handy spreadsheet, I always can see how my progress is going, and if I need any help brainstorming ideas for anyone.  It has become one of my favorite tools during the holidays, preserving my sanity and ensuring that I enjoy the shopping (versus curse it!).

My spreadsheet includes columns with the following headers:

Name of recipient
Gift idea
Amount budgeted
Amount spent

What organizing tips do you have for getting your holiday errands done?


No comments:

Post a Comment