Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Monday, January 6, 2014

Live The Life You Desire This New Year

Happy New Year!  It's a new day, a new year, and a new beginning for many of us.  How do you want to feel this year?  How do you want to feel when you wake up in the morning?  What do you want to feel as you drive to work each day?  How do you want to feel when you walk through your front door at the end of the day?  Let the feelings you desire guide your daily decisions and lead you to the joyful life you are meant to live.

There is no time like the present.  How do you want to feel?  Capture that feeling now.

Danielle LaPorte is my desire guru and motivational coach in this area (virtual, that is).  Once I started thinking in terms of how I wanted to feel (instead of what I wanted), my life started to change.  Small changes so far, but I can see how they are building into something bigger.  My perspective is shifting and people around me are too.  When I let my feelings guide me, I am more confident about what I want and more at peace with myself and my desires.

Doesn't it just make sense?  We do what we do, (the work we choose, the commitments we say 'yes' to, the exercise routines we endure, the family units and relationships we create), because we want to feel a certain way.  Instead of chasing another goal this year, I am going to focus on capturing a feeling.

If you are interested in doing the same, I highly recommend you get a copy of Danielle's new book, The Desire Map.

Click here for a great interview with Danielle and business coach, Marie Forleo if you need a little more information (and convincing).

Blessings for a joyful and prosperous new year, full of joy and all that you desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment