Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

My Love Affair With Gardein

VeegMama's favorite Gardein products

Gardein is one of my favorite vegan products.  It is a meatless protein option that is delicious and healthy.  They also have a new ground "beef" product that is gluten free.  They are available at Whole Foods and have several, delicious varieties.  I have tried the 7-Grain Crispy Tenders, Chipotle Lime Fingers, Mandarin Crispy Chick'n, and Chick'n Scallopini, but there are over a dozen more products available, including: Barbecue Wings, Beefless Burgers, Beefless Tips, Breakfast Patties, and Fishless Fillets.

Gardein is my go-to when I am cooking for non vegans who aren't used to eating a plant based diet.  The Chick'n Scallopini fillets can be sauteed, baked, or grilled just like a regular chicken breast would be used.  It is an easy fix for substituting chicken in a recipe.  One of the reasons I love Gardein most is that I know I can eat a delicious, vegan meal straight from the freezer if I just don't feel like cooking, or use their products to whip up a semi-homemade masterpiece in my kitchen.  Their products are so delicious and versatile that I always like to keep a bag of something in my freezer to have on hand.

Enjoy this quick and easy recipe I came up with recently for my kiddos' lunch box.

Chipotle Lime Chick'n Wraps
Serves 3

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons of Vegannaise Pesto
Handful of spinach leaves
1/4 cup of thinly sliced red onion
1/4 cup of shredded carrots
1/4 cup of chopped tomato
3 flour tortillas

Directions:
1. Bake Chipotle Lime Fingers according to package directions.  Allow to cool when cooked and coarsely chop.
2. Spread each tortilla with Vegannaise Ranch.
3. Layer each tortilla with the spinach, then the Gardein, topping with the vegetables.
4. Roll tortilla and slice in half.

No comments:

Post a Comment