Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Welcome to VeegMama!

Welcome!  I am so glad you came.  Now that you are here, you may be asking, "What is VeegMama?"  It is a representation of my lifestyle as a vegan and a mom.  
Let me break it down for you: Vegan + mama = VeegMama.  
These two words have come to define me, and I am more than good with that!

First, the vegan part: After going vegan in 2010 in literally one day (after reading Alicia Silverstone's The Kind Diet), I have come to learn a lot about the vegan lifestyle and have proudly come to identify myself in terms of the big V.  This is not only as it is related to food, but also in connection with what I put on my face and body, the causes I support, and the kinder way I live my life.  


Next, the mama part:  I am a mother of three beautiful children between three and nine years old who keep my world in perpetual, organized chaos.  I juggle a lot, as most of us do as mothers - the family social calendar, the kids' activities and schedules, family meal plans and shopping, my daughters' Girl Scout troops, and so it goes on and on.  I also work part-time as a writer and communications consultant.  I share this to explain that I have also come to learn a lot about motherhood and the many spaces it occupies.  I should also note that although I am a strict vegan, my family is not, which presents many challenges and opportunities for me.


After two and a half years as a vegan, I finally feel in my stride and am enjoying life more than ever.  I am constantly asked how I do this or that; what it means to be vegan; how do I live without cheese; how does my skin look so great; how do I feed my non vegan family and me...that I felt the urge to share.  I mean, when you are happy, why not share the joy, right?


So, this space is a reflection of all of that: who I am, what interests me, and how I live, along a vegan path that includes motherhood and the many other hats I wear in my life.  It is my experience living a happier, healthier life that is kinder to the planet, your body, and animals.  I will cover my favorite vegan products, what I am cooking, mom stuff and more.  I hope it inspires and motivates you.  Here's to veggies!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new Adventure. Can't wait to read about your favorite recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie! You are amazing! I am so excited to see your blog evolve. I can't wait to see some great ideas, menu ideas and maybe what great ways to get my own family more excited about veggie options too. Wishing you great success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Stephanie! This is great! Can't wait to learn more:)

    ReplyDelete