Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

What's For Lunch: Stuffed Avocado and Gazpacho

Stuffed avocado with gazpacho
Although we may technically be in the fall season, I am lucky enough to live in Southern California, where it feels like summer most of the year.  This is one of my favorite lunches for those warm days. It's quick to assemble and uses leftovers as a bonus!

Stuffed Avocado with Black Bean and Corn Salad

Ingredients:

  • Canned corn
  • Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
  • Black beans
  • Sliced black olives
  • 1-2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
  • Drizzle of olive oil
  • Organic, Haas avocado, halved and pit removed
I mix the corn, tomatoes, black beans and olives (which are usually leftover from my family's weekly Taco Tuesday dinner) in a bowl.  Add in the vinegar and olive oil.  Stir to combine and spoon into the pit of the avocado, letting it spill over to cover the avocado.

Gazpacho
I love the Gazpacho a la Shepherd Street recipe from the Cooking With Trader Joe's Cookbook: Skinny Dish, which blends tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, bell pepper, garlic, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper for a quick, yummy soup.


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Would you be horrified to know I often scoop Trader Joe's corn salsa into avocados? It's the sort of, kind of fast version of this recipe.

      Delete
  2. That sounds delish! Why have I never thought of that? My fave salsa at TJ's is the Roasted Garlic Chipotle!

    ReplyDelete