Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Friday, November 16, 2012

Join the Meditation Challenge!


Meditation has been on my "to-do" list for many years.  As an evolving, spiritual being with a yearning for a deeper connection with the Universe (whatever that may be), I understand that meditation is critical.  As a busy mom of three with lots of demands on me, I have experienced the calm and serenity that a daily practice provides.  I have started a meditation routine too many times to count, only to get busy with life and let it fall to the bottom of my list, and then eventually off of it.  Each time I start again, I am overwhelmed with the positive energy and overall calm that it adds to my life.  Then, I am cursing myself when I can't keep it together to maintain the practice.  Well, folks, this time is different!  I started Deepak Chopra's 21-Day Meditation Challenge last week and I am in my meditation stride.  For those of you who don't know Mr. Chopra, he is a spiritual guru, and highly acclaimed author, named by Time magazine as one of the top 100 heroes and icons of the century, a.k.a. awesome and incredible human being.  I consider him to be one of the change agents of our time.  

We are so lucky he has  put this challenge together for us - for free!  The 21-Day journey is focused on creating abundance - here, here to that.  The meditations are delivered to your inbox every night and are about 15 minutes in length.  His calming, soothing voice is just what I need to guide me into a state of calm and serenity.  He voices a sanskrit mantra for the day and provides a thought to continue to reflect upon.  There is also an online journal for each meditation, where you can answer three questions that allow you to put your insights and thoughts down after the meditation.  

I am determined to allow myself to be taken over into the meditation vortex this 21 days (they say that it takes 21 days before it becomes a habit) and turn this daily routine into a practice.  I have being doing the meditations right after my morning workout while the house is still quiet.  This has worked well for me, but choose a time period that works best for you (and make sure your family or roommates understand and respect your meditation time so you are not disturbed).  

I am feeling so happy and abundant, I cannot see not doing this every day.  I encourage you to register and join the journey.  It promises to attract more goodness into your life - however you may define that.  In the meantime, feel the peace, joy, love and comfort that only meditation brings - a key ingredient to any good life.


No comments:

Post a Comment