Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Where To Eat: Sage and KindCreme


My good friend, Nataly, introduced me to this delicious vegan bistro in Echo Park.  We have been several times together for lunch and are always ready to go back.  The food is beautiful and the menu is interesting, not your typical vegan fare.  Everything looks and tastes fresh and delicious.  They make "bowls" using flavors and ingredients from different cultures - Tuscan, Brazilian, Greek and Southwestern to name a few.  Their sandwiches and wraps take things to a different level.  I have tried their amazing tuna melt with jackfruit (I dream about this sandwich).  There is so much to choose from that I find a new favorite dish every time I visit.  And here's a HUGE bonus.  There is a KindCreme, vegan ice cream, counter inside the restaurant, so the dessert options are out of this world.  Here are the details:

Info: 1700 West Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles; (213) 989-1718; sageveganbistro.com

Setting: Casual, neighborhood spot

Service: Friendly

Kids menu: Yes!

Prices: Starters $6-$12; lunch "bowls," salads and sandwiches $11-$12; dinner entrees: $13

What I ordered: We started with the mozzarella sticks, made from hearts of palm and served with a vegan ranch (that I wanted to spoon out of the bowl).  These were delicious, a must try.  We followed that with the quinoa corn cakes, which I loved but had to go easy on the spicy chipotle sauce (spice is not my thing).  I ordered the falafel bowl for lunch, which was beautiful to look at and fun to eat with the falafel surrounded by all of the veggies.  The homemade hummus was fantastic and there was plenty to take home (if I had shown any restraint!).  I ended my meal with a delicious brownie sundae.  I LOVE KindCreme...kind of lucky there isn't one closer to my 'hood or I would be gaining a lot of weight!

They also serve dinner and brunch.  Check them and out and let me know what you order!


Falafel Bowl from Sage Vegan Bistro with hummus, cucumber, avocado, tomatoes and red onion for lunch
The Falafel Bowl

Mozzarella Sticks with hearts of palm at Sage Vegan Bistro
Hearts of Palm Mozzarella Sticks with Vegan Ranch and Marinara Sauce

Quinoa corn cakes appetizer at Sage Vegan Bistro
Quinoa Corn Cakes with Spicy Chipotle Sauce

KindCreme, chocolate sauce, brownie and chocolate chip sundae at Sage Vegan Bistro
KindCreme Brownie Sundae

No comments:

Post a Comment