Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Lentil salad with cucumbers, sugar snap peas and hummus trio for lunch
Lentil Salad with fresh veggies and hummus



This quick, delicious salad, comes from the Cooking with Trader Joe's cookbook.  I serve it alongside veggies and hummus for a healthy, raw lunch.  I always have plenty of salad leftovers that I use in wraps for the next few days of lunches.

Lentil Salad
The recipe uses the steamed lentils available in the refrigerated section of the store.  I combine the lentils with sliced, cherry tomatoes and chopped parsley and mint.  For the dressing, whisk a few tablespoons of fresh lemon juice along with olive oil and pour over the salad.  Combine and serve.

Veggies and Hummus
Trader Joe's makes delicious hummus.  My favorites are the edamame, roasted garlic and red pepper varieties.  I scoop a tablespoon (maybe more!) of each on my plate and surround with sliced Persian cucumbers and sugar snap peas.

Lunch is served!

No comments:

Post a Comment