Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Music to Make You Sing This Holiday Season

I love the holidays.  Lucky for me, I get the joy of celebrating both Hanukkah (with my husband's family) and Christmas (with my family).  It makes for a very long month of celebrating and gifts (it feels like my kids get a present every day...).  For me, the spirit of the season takes me over once I start hearing the music.  We decorate the house, bake holiday cookies, and drive through our lighted neighborhood all while my favorite holiday tunes are played.

Here are my favorites to sing and dance away the season to...

Hanukkah:

  • Hanukkah Swings by Kenny Ellis - Hanukkah and swing music - very fun.
  • Hanukkah Rocks by the LeeVees - I love these guys.  They are hip and cool.  I wish they would record another Hanukkah CD.
  • Hanukkah Lounge by Various - This is not your traditional Hanukkah music, which is why I love it!
  • Cha Cha Hanukkah by The Shirelles - This is a fun festive album, especially great for the kids.
Christmas:
  • Harry for the Holidays, What A Night and When My Heart Finds Christmas by Harry Connick Jr. - I cannot get enough of Harry.  Traditional holiday caroles sung by him take me to my happy place.  Sigh.  You're a lucky lady, Jill Goodacre.
  • Glee: The Music, Christmas Album, Volumes 1 and 2 - I am a huge fan of the show, so it follows that these two discs are in my holiday shuffle list.  Volume 3 came out this week!
  • A Christmas Together by John Denver and The Muppets - This is a classic, folks.  I first received this album when I was five, meeting my future stepmother at the time.  A bond was formed and a Christmas tradition was born.  I feel five every time I hear this album and love to see my kids enjoying it as much as I did as a kid and still do!
  • Feliz Navidad by Jose Feliciano - It isn't officially the holidays until I hear this song with my dad, stepmom and sister.  Another family tradition and favorite in my house.

Please share your favorites with me.  I am always looking to add to my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment