Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Monday, December 24, 2012

My Christmas Menu

After much discussion with my family, I have decided to dial it down for tonight's Christmas Eve dinner.  I love food...the holidays really don't do it for me without incredible, delicious food.  Being vegan, that usually means I cook.  That is just fine by me, but apparently I went a little overboard last year with the homemade gnocchi.  So...this year, I am opting for a simple menu that I prepped mostly in advance.  Here's what is on tonight's menu.

Appetizers:
Cheese and cracker plate - I purchased the Herb, Tomato and Basil, and Gouda nut cheeses from Pure Market Express and yummy pita crackers (regular and multi-grain) from Trader Joe's.

Antipasto platter - I love the marinated mushrooms, yellow sun-dried tomatoes, marinated artichoke hearts and olives from Trader Joe's.


Dinner:
Herbed Polenta Cutlets with Marsala Mushroom Ragout from Chloe Coscarelli's Chloe's Kitchen
Sauteed Kale or Spinach (can't decide!)


Dessert:
Chocolate Cashew Mousse Pie from Nava Atlas's Vegan Holiday Kitchen

I can't decide if I am more excited about the food or the presents tonight!  Merry Christmas Eve!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment