Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Where to Eat: Akasha

Where to eat vegan in Culver City - Akasha
Akasha Restaurant
I first went to Akasha for my birthday a few months ago on a date with my hubby.  My birthday happened to fall on a Monday this year, which was perfect because Akasha offers a "Meatless" menu and live Jazz on Mondays.  I have been back several times since with non vegan girlfriends and although the regular menu isn't vegan, it offers two vegan options (a quinoa tofu dish and another that I haven't tried with mung beans).  They also have a delicious hummus plate, farm fresh veggies and even two vegan desserts!  This place is a fun night out for me where I can take carnviorous friends who don't just want tofu and quinoa.

Info:  9543 Culver Boulevard, Culver City 90232; (310) 845-1700; akasharestaurant.com

Setting: Hip and trendy with a bar "scene" in the heart of downtown Culver City; I loved the live jazz on Mondays

Service: Very attentive, knowledgeable staff

Kids menu: Leave the kids at home

Prices: Dinner entrees range from $13 - $29 (for meat); Salads are around $13 and sides $6 - $8; Desserts are $8 - $9.  They also serve lunch.

What I order: The quinoa with market veggies (add tofu) is my favorite.  I love the hummus, flatbread and olives appetizer.  I have never tried the salads, but they all look delicious and I bet they could do them without the cheese.  For dessert, I LOVE the Salty Chocolate Peanut Bar (a must try).  They just added an apple tart that is delish and have a few choices of vegan ice cream.  Oh, and they have a great wine list and choice of cocktails.

I hope you try out this fave spot of mine in Culver City, and if you do, please tell me what you think in the comments section below.




No comments:

Post a Comment