Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What's For Lunch?: Balela

Middle Eastern Salad with garbanzo beans, black beans, tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and couscous
Middle Eastern Balela Salad


I got this recipe from my friend, Lisa, and changed a few things.  It's super easy and uses a pre-prepared salad from Trader Joe's called Balela, which has garbanzo beans, black beans, tomatoes and a marinade.  You can find it in the refrigerated section of the store with the other pre-prepared salads.  It is light and tasty, perfect for lunch.  I like to pair it with a side of tabbouleh and some pita.

Ingredients:
1 container of Balela
2 cups of cooked couscous
1 handful of sun-dried tomatoes (I use the ones from Trader Joe's in the bag without oil)
2 tsp of preserved lemons (optional)
2 tsp of chopped basil
Drizzle or two of Goddess Dressing (I like Annie's.  Trader Joe's also has a good one.)

Combine all ingredients except basil and dressing in a large bowl.  Add dressing and stir to combine.  Sprinkle basil on top.  Enjoy!

Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment