Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Ditching Down



I recently purchased a new comforter.  I had my previous down one long before my vegan days, when I was completely ignorant to the process of how down is collected.  I recently saw a PSA from PETA, featuring Alicia Silverstone that is eye opening to the down industry and it convinced me (and hopefully you too) that there is no reason to buy down ever again.

I purchased an Kapok spread from Gaiam instead and am very happy with the alternative.  Kapok is a plant that grows in the South Pacific.  It is naturally silky and resilient, often used for stuffing toys and life jackets.  It is completely natural and pesticide-free.

Check out the PSA by clicking here and join me in my decision to ditch down.

No comments:

Post a Comment