Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Milk Does a Body Good?




Giving up moo juice (aka milk) is a breeze when you learn about why it really doesn't do a body good. Neil Barnard, President of the Physician's Committee for Responsible Medicine shared some great information here.  For more great stuff on the topic, I have also bookmarked an article from famed veganist, Kathy Freston here.  

I encourage you to learn as much as possible about what you put into your body and question what you are being told by the FDA (who seems to me to be more motivated by lobbyists and dollars than our nation's health...in my opinion!).  Years of advertising campaigns have fooled us into believing that we need milk to get our calcium.  I challenge that statement based on facts that state otherwise.  There are a variety of ways to get calcium without milking mama cow, including non-dairy milks such as rice, almond, and coconut.  Earth Balance has a delicious non dairy butter spread that my family chose to eat  years before I was vegan.

Read these articles and see if you think differently about milk.  If you are interested in making a change and have questions, please leave me a note in the comments section below.


No comments:

Post a Comment