Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Monday, February 18, 2013

My Favorite Prepared Meals from Trader Joe's

I'm a gal who likes to cook.  Come 5 o'clockish (depending on the day), my kids are settled home from their afternoon activities, the homework is done, and it is my time to unwind in the kitchen.  Sometimes, though, there is just no time, and convenience meals from the grocery store are my savior.  Here are 13 of my favorites (in no particular order) from Trader Joe's.  No cooking required (just reheating)!

1. and 2. Falafel (in the frozen section) and Tabbouleh (in the refrigerated section) - This combo makes an easy and delicious lunch.











3. Black Bean and Corn Enchiladas (in the frozen section) - This is a great frozen meal when you're feeling like some Mexican food.


4. Kale and Edamame Bistro Salad (in the refrigerated section) - Kale goodness in a bowl with a tangy citrus vinaigrette.

5. Falafel Wrap (in the refrigerated section) - This is one of my favorite vegan wraps that TJ's carries (and they have a couple).











6. Vegetable and Grain Country Salad (in the refrigerated section) - This is my favorite salad at TJ's.  It has cabbage, tomatoes, garbanzo beans and couscous in it.  It makes a great lunch.







7. Meatless Meatballs (in the frozen section) - Leftover spaghetti noodles get a makeover with these tasty balls that I don't have to make from scratch!  I always have marinara in the pantry so I am good to go with these.







8. and 9. Vegetable Fried Rice and Vegetable Egg Rolls (in the frozen section) - It's Chinese take-in!










10. Organic Vegetarian Chili (in the canned goods area) - My kids, husband and I LOVE this chili.  Serve it up with tortilla chips and cheese (TJ's has a vegan blend in the refrigerated section) and dinner is served in minutes.









11. and 12. Organic Black Bean Soup (in the canned goods area) and Lentil Soup with Ancient Grains (in the refrigerated section) - I love making soup fresh, but these canned versions taste almost as good.  Served with some ciabatta and a salad, you've got a healthy, light dinner or lunch.






13. Organic Tofu Veggie Burger (in the refrigerated section) - These patties are delicious.  I love to toast a Pretzel roll, spread on some Vegennaise, Dijon mustard, layer on some tomato, avocado, cucumber and lettuce, top it with one of these.  Yummy burger in minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment