Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Where To Eat: Real Food Daily



I had the luxury of meeting a friend for lunch earlier this month at Real Food Daily.  I have only been once before for dinner and really liked it.  I own Ann Gentry's (the restaurant owner) cookbook, Vegan Family Meals, a gem in my kitchen.  For lunch, I went to the West Hollywood location and was so excited to be able to choose anything from the menu.  (I still get giddy when I go to an all vegan restaurant).  Here's the info.

Info: 414 N. La Cienega, Los Angeles, http://realfood.com, (310) 289-9910;  They also have Santa Monica and Pasadena locations.


Setting: Modern and casual

Service: Super nice.  Everyone there is smiley and helpful.

Kids menu: Very kid friendly

Prices: Starters $8-10; Salads $12-14; Sandwiches $11-14;  They also serve smoothies, shakes and breakfast!


What we ordered: Since taking my macrobiotic cooking class last month, I have been eating a lot more macro, so I want with the Real Food Deal, which was a macro bowl, filled with beans, greens, pickled veggies, steamed veggies, sea vegetables and brown rice.  I chose the tahini sauce on top.  It was divine - so nurturing and satisfying (I am still dreaming of that bowl...)  It came with miso soup (best I have ever had) and homemade corn bread (wow!).  If I wasn't going macro that day, I would have chosen the Tu-Nut sandwich (tuna style sandwich made with nuts).




For dessert, we shared the Coconut Moonpie.  This was amazing.  I want it every week!




















This restaurant is definitely going on the rotation.  Try it out and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment