Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Season It Up!

I love to cook with season blends.  I can turn any dish into a gourmet meal with the right spices.  Below are some of the favorite bags and bottles that fill my spice cupboard.



Lavender Gourmet Seasoning - I visited a lavender farm in Maui several years ago and fell head over tummy in love with this seasoning.  It tastes great on vegetables and tofu.  I buy this in bulk and have it shipped from Maui.  I am addicted!










Sandwich Sprinkle - I am lucky to live very close to a Penzey's Spices storefront.  If you haven't checked them out and don't have one nearby, you can also visit them online.  They have a wonderful assortment of spices and blends.  I have many favorites, but this is one of their best.  You can use it on sandwiches (and I do!), but I also use it in wraps and salads to add a little something extra.




Greek Seasoning - I love, love, love this blend.  I use it to make a salad dressing, and also season my homemade tabbouleh with it.









Taco Seasoning - I saute onion, corn and black beans with a few sprinkles of this seasoning and I have a delicious filling for Taco Tuesday.








Ume Plum Vinegar - This isn't a dry seasoning, but I don't need anything else on my veggies when I drizzle some of this on them.  In my book, that's a winner!











Nutritional Yeast - I buy this in bulk at Whole Foods.  I sprinkle it on anything I want to give a little cheesy flavor, especially homemade popcorn!






Do you have a favorite blend that I should try?   Please let me know in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment