Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

What Isn't Vegan About Nail Polish?

I get asked this question a lot, usually when I am at the nail salon and bring my own nail polish for my mani/pedi.  Well, crushed beetles for one...fish and oyster scales for two.  Yes, my friends, many polish brands use those ingredients in their pigments.  And then there is the whole issue of animal testing.


To be safe, find out exactly what is in your nail polish at safecosmetics.org.  Or you can look at my "go to" list of favorite vegan brands below.  Oh and I should also note that OPI, a very popular brand in salons is vegan, as is Essie.





SpaRitual: This is my favorite line.  Meditate is their newest collection that I can't get enough of.








Priti: This is another favorite of mine.  I received my first bottle of Priti polish as a gift (thanks, cousin Sarah!) and have been in love ever since. 














Zoya: This line is fun and vibrant.  They have some really cool brights and shimmers.







LVX: This is a fairly new line with bold colors tied to high fashion.  Very glam and chic!

No comments:

Post a Comment