Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Friday, May 17, 2013

Vegan Meal Plans


I cannot believe it, but we are almost halfway into the year!  I never know where the time goes.  As a mom, the days are long, but the years are soooo short!!!  Since we are almost at the midway point of the year, I thought it would be a good time to stop and take stock of where we are all at with our food goals.  Have you been flirting with vegan?  Did you take the plunge and go big V cold turkey?  Or are you enjoying adding a few more meatless meals into your weekly menus or monthly repertoire?  Wherever you lie, I hope that this blog has brought you information and inspiration to achieve your goals.

To continue to aid you in your veeg pleasure (or curiosity), I have laid out a few vegan "meal plans" that I think are great.  These links offer recipes and daily menus.  It doesn't get much easier than that! 

21-Day Vegan Kickstart: This is one of my favorites.  I followed many of the meal plans laid out in this three-week plan when I first went vegan.  I have a few favorite recipes that I continue to make today.

Oprah's 3-Week Plan: Kathy Freston, aka The Veganist, has a great plan that she lays out (with even more great ideas in her book).  

PETA's Plan: The organization behind all things animal protection and ethics shares two weeks of meals and recipes, with an additional list of links to get you going vegan.  Great resource.

Vegetarian Times' 4-Week Plan: This plan from one of my favorite magazines for recipes is mostly vegan, (all vegetarian), so you have to omit the cheese here and there, but I love the recipe ideas.

Whole Living 28-Day Action Plan: Whole Living is on the top of my list of favorite magazines when it comes to good living.  This is not a vegan plan, but it is very vegan friendly and many of the recipes can be adapted.  I love the principles behind this action plan to detox your mind and body and start on a road to wellness and better living.  Many of the recipes are vegan and I have enjoyed them again and again.

Happy veeg!  

No comments:

Post a Comment