Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Monday, July 15, 2013

Detox Your Beauty Routine

Living the good life for me means not only detoxing my food, but also my life - filling every aspect with simple, natural goodies that bring out the natural beauty and essence of whatever facet of my life it is touching.  That may be food, spirituality, clothing, or in today's case: my beauty routine.  Beauty products are supposed to enhance the natural goddess we already have, but I question how that is possible when so many products are full of chemicals and un-natural ingredients.  I made the switch to natural products several years ago, and then went completely vegan in my beauty care routine once I started eating animal free over three years ago.  Here's a great article that Vegetarian Times recently posted during their 7-Day Total-Life Detox that focuses specifically on detoxing your beauty routine.  Check it out and then see my faves list below of just a few of my go-to beauty products.


Vanilla grapefruit all natural deodorant by Lavanila

Lavanila Deodorant: I have tried many natural deodorants and this one, by far, is my favorite.  I love the vanilla grapefruit scent (they also have lavender) and I can depend on this product to keep me smelling good all day.



Infinitely Loving Body Butter by SpaRitual in Chinese Jasmine


SpaRitual Body Scrubs and Body Butter: If you have been following me, you know that I am a big lover of SpaRitual.  Do yourself a favor and get yourself some of their Chinese Jasmine Infinitely Loving Body Butter.  I get so many compliments on how good I smell every time I wear it!  I also really enjoy the company's sugar scrubs.



Hurraw! Lip Balm



Hurraw! Coconut Lip Balm: This is a fantastic "chapstick."  It smells and tastes good!  The all natural coconut fragrance makes me feel like I am on vacation.






Skin Care: In a post a couple of months ago, I featured several of my favorite skin care products.  Click here if you missed it.








I'd love to hear about the natural beauty products in your routine.  Please share in the comments section below.



No comments:

Post a Comment