Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Monday, September 9, 2013

Vegan Afternoon Tea

Tiffin at The Langham Pasadena serves VeegMama delicious vegan tea
VeegMama and family at Tiffin at The Langham
I have always been a huge fan of tea parties.  Aside from the delicious teas (I am partial to chamomile) and cute sandwiches, I suppose I also really love the feeling of being a "lady of leisure."  I devoured Jane Austen novels as a teenager and would love to be a character in her book who receives afternoon callers for tea and scones, and dresses accordingly for the occasion.

My stepmom has been my "partner in crime" for some time now when I need my "tea time" fix.  Recently, she and I splurged for tea at Tiffin at The Langham Huntington Pasadena and brought my girls.  Not only was the setting gorgeous and the service impeccable, but also the food was delicious.  They were completely accommodating for vegan, as well as vegetarian for my step mom and girls.  Everything was plated beautifully.

Here's what the chef prepared for me (When we made the reservation, we requested vegan.)


VeegMama's plate of vegan tea sandwiches at the Langham Huntington Pasadena

VeegMama's plate of vegan tea sandwiches at the Langham Huntington Pasadena

An assortment of tea sandwiches that included: an over sized cherry tomato stuffed with asparagus spear tops, a cucumber wedge filled with a fresh tomato salsa, and two raw vegetable sandwiches featuring tomatoes and squash













VeegMama's vegan dessert plate of chocolate chip scones and zucchini bread



Zucchini bread and chocolate chip scones







VeegMama's fruit plate at tea at Tiffin at The Langham




Fresh fruit







It was all delicious.  I equally enjoyed the teas.  We selected the Green Tea Passion, Silver Jasmine, and Golden Chamomile varieties.  I could have stayed in that room all day, sipping the afternoon away.  What a treat!  I highly recommend Tiffin at The Langham.  

No comments:

Post a Comment