Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Music for the Holidays

VeegMama's holiday music picks

Music is a mood setter for me.  It can be my muse and my party starter (even if it is just me listening!).  I believe in the power of music to inspire and delight, and around the holidays, to bring the magic.  For me and my family, the holiday season would not be the same without Jose Feliciano's Feliz Navidad, (Christmas has not officially started until I hear that song!), and I have dozen other tunes that light me up during the season.

As much as I love the classics, (and oh how I love them!), I am always in search of new tunes to kick up the season.  If you are like me and looking for some new albums to listen to this Christmas, may I suggest one or all of these:

Wrapped in Red by Kelly Clarkson - I am a huge Kelly fan, but even if I wasn't, this album would still be awesome!  Original scores like "Underneath the Tree" are sure to be a hit, and classics like "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas," do not disappoint.  Her soulful, rock-meets-country style, (how do you describe Kelly's voice?!!), is a great complement to her song selection on the album.  

Christmas by Michael Buble - This CD came out in 2011 but it is still on the top of my list this year.  I saw him in concert last month, so I admit I am a bit smitten for this guy, but objectively, this album is fantastic.

On This Winter's Night by Lady Antebellum - I love Lady Antebellum, but didn't realize they had a Christmas album until this year, when they kept popping up on my Pandora mix.  I will have to gift this one to myself along with Kelly's new one above.

Under The Influence by Straight No Chaser - This a cappella male group is amazing!  This new holiday album features some fantastic guest artists too.  Check it out!

For more of my holiday music selections, click here.  What are you listening to for the holidays?  Please let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment