Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

10 Ways To Detox Your Body

VeegMama's Detox Tips



I have been in detox mode since January 1st.  Over-indulgence in sugar and alcohol over the holidays sent me over the edge on the scale!  I started with a juice cleanse for three days and followed up with some major cuts in both alcohol and sugar, as well as some other things.  I have been reading The Beauty Detox Solution and have made some "great feeling" changes to my diet and routine (more to come on that in a future post).  In the spirit of "good living," I thought I would share some of the new things I have been doing to implement on-going cleansing to my daily routine.

1. Start the day with a glass of hot water with lemon, followed by a glass of water and a probiotic.

2. Juice for breakfast.  I have been a juicer for a few years now, but I usually just juice for breakfast during the week.  I started adding breakfast juices to Saturday and Sunday and it feels great.

3. Start lunch and dinner with a large green salad and a digestive enzyme.

4. Cut out processed foods (no packaged snack crackers, chips, etc.)

5. Cut back on gluten.  I have switched many gluten products such as pasta, bread etc. with gluten-free alternatives or omitted them altogether.

6. Cut back on alcohol.  Sigh.  This has been a hard one, but my energy has soared and my waistline is thanking me!

7. Cut back on sugar.  I don't usually eat dessert often, but it peaked during the holidays.  I am going back to my old ways and limiting it to special occasions and events.

8. Have a glass of water and probiotic before I go to bed.

9. Add apple cider vinegar to my diet daily.  Whether it's in my water or in a salad dressing, I am trying to have a little bit each day.

10. Add fermented veggies (think sauerkraut and kimchi) to part of my dinner meal.  I have about a half cup daily.

Whew - that's a lot of stuff!  The idea is to get your body in an on-going cleansing mode, so detoxification is something you do daily to enhance your energy, beauty, and health.

One of my favorite bloggers, One Good Thing by Jillee recently posted some other great ways to detox.  You can read them here.

Has the new year got you in detoxification mode too?  Let me know what you are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment