Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Slow Cooker Vegan Chili

VeegMama's vegan chili recipe


I love my slow cooker.  It makes cooking so easy - just plop all the ingredients into the pot in the morning and have a home cooked meal in the evening without any work or fuss.  I like to break mine out on those days when I have back-to-back commitments all day, and am running my kids to and from activities.  We had a surge of "cold" weather in sunny SoCal recently, so I was inspired to whip up a batch of chili.  It was a hit with the family.  I used primarily all of my ingredients from my favorite store, Trader Joe's, and spiced things up with some favorites from Penzey's Spices.

Slow Cooker Vegan Chili
Serves 6-8

Ingredients:
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup quinoa, rinsed
1 14.5 ounce can crushed tomatoes
1 14.5 ounce can crushed tomatoes with green chiles (Trader Joe's)
1 jar, roasted garlic Chipotle salsa (Trader Joe's)
1 15 oz package fire roasted frozen corn
4 cups vegetable broth
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons Adobo seasoning (Penzey's Spices)
1 teaspoon Chili 9000 seasoning (Penzey's Spices)

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker.  Cook on low heat for 8 hours.

2. Top with vegan sour cream, cream cheese (I love Go Veggie!) or cheese shreds.  Serve over polenta slices (optional).

No comments:

Post a Comment