Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Friday, April 18, 2014

You Are What You Think


I recently read E Squared: Nine Do-It-Yourself Energy Experiments That Prove Your Thoughts Create Your Reality.  As a big believer in the Law of Attraction, I was already biased toward having a successful experience with this book.  However, as the author, Pam Grout, mentions in her first chapter, we may believe that there is a higher power or Universe available 24/7 to bring us what we desire, but we don't really believe it.  We take it for a coincidence or some special "magic."  She was speaking my language, and I wanted to prove to myself that I believe in the Universe and was going to start manifesting my desires now.  This book did just that.

About 60% of the experiments worked (I didn't do two of them), and after analyzing the ones that didn't, I realized I either was not specific enough with my intention, or I waffled in my desire.  My favorite was the experiment where we had to ask for a gift within 48 hours.  I set my intention and was awarded the next day with a surprise visit home from my hubby who was supposed to be gone for the evening.  I fell ill that afternoon, so it was literally a godsend to have him home to cook dinner, put the kids to bed, and take care of me.  TLC is the best gift ever!

There was another experiment where we had to manifest a message to someone else in a different place than ourselves.  I chose a friend I haven't heard from in over a year.  Within hours, I started receiving Facebook status updates from her in my feed (something I had not received in the past).

Then, there was a question we had to ask and set the intention to receive an answer on it.  I asked guidance about a book I am working on, and the next day, sure enough, I did receive an answer.

I was less successful with the weight experiment.  We were to send positive energy to our food before eating it and watch our weight drop around 3 pounds over the next two days.  Unfortunately, I had no success here, but this is where indecisiveness comes into play. Although, I was sending positive energy while I ate, I still held guilt while I indulged in a treat or a glass of wine.  The Universe rewarded me with no weight loss.  

I really enjoyed this book.  Overall, it reinforced the power of intention, something I already believe in strongly and practice daily.  It reminded me to stay the course and believe in the power of the Universe to manifest our desires if we would only ask.  It further cemented the idea that my thoughts create my reality and motivated me to start thinking, dreaming, and asking for what I want now; to focus on what I truly desire and let those thoughts guide me to the life I have always dreamed of.  

What are you thinking about today?  Don't waste another single thought!  Manifest them into your desires now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment