Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

What's For Lunch?: Portabello Mushroom Panini

Panini with portabello mushroom, daiya cheese, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
Mushroom panini

I love me a good panini.  I was gifted a panini press for Mother's Day a few years ago and my whole family loves it.  We grill lunch on it at least once a week.  This panini is one of my favorites, featuring the portabello mushroom.


Portabello Mushroom Panini

Ingredients:

Vegan panini roll (I like the par baked ones at Trader Joe's)

Vegan flavored mustard (For the one above, I used a basil mustard in a specialty pack that Trader Joe's is carrying now for the holidays)

Vegannaise

Several leaves of baby spinach

Several sun-dried tomatoes, julienne cut or chopped

2 slices of Daiya jack cheese

Several slices of portabello mushroom (cleaned, with the inside scooped out)


Directions:

Slice the bread in half and spread with the Vegannaise and mustard.  Layer one slice of bread with the spinach, tomatoes, and mushrooms.  Place cheese on top and follow with the top slice of bread.  Place in the panini maker for approximately 5 minutes until grilled and toasty, and the cheese has melted.

Slice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment