Be the change you wish to see in the world...

- Gandhi

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My Skinny Lemonade

Skinny Lemonade recipe from VeegMama


If you have been following me, you know that I like to partake in the occasional juice cleanse.  My preferred cleanse is the Advanced from Nekter.  It includes 6 juices for the day, including two "skinny lemonades" which work out to be a mid-morning and late afternoon snack for me when I am doing the actual cleanse.  I enjoy Nekter's "skinny lemonades" so much that I decided to try and make my own to drink daily even when I am not cleansing.  It is a nice alternative to water (which is the only other drink I have during the day).  Here's my recipe:

VeegMama's Skinny Lemonade

Ingredients:
Juice of 2 lemons
3 cups of filtered water
Dash of cayenne pepper
Handful of ice
1 teaspoon agave (optional) - I like mine tart so I don't use agave, but you may want to try it with/without to see what you like best.

Directions:
Combine all ingredients.  Shake and serve.  I pour all of the ingredients into my water bottle for the day, shake it up and I am ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment